The Administrative Assistant will be a full-time staff member reporting to the Executive Director and managing event logistics, written and verbal communication with key stakeholders, and general office tasks.
- Answering queries from staff and students of Aspire.
- Scheduling appointments, meetings, and events.
- Organizing travel plans and itineraries for management and staff.
- Notifying staff members of important information and company policies.
- Preparing venues for conferences or meetings.
- Planning out work-related calendars and schedules, with a focus on supporting the Executive Director.
- Assisting in the preparation of documents and reports.
- Coordinating aspects of HR and payroll; updating, maintaining, and organizing employee records.
- Reporting any workplace issues through the appropriate channels.
- Checking, ordering, and managing office inventory supplies.
- Assisting with program coordination as needed.
- Any other tasks as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma; Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field preferred.
- At least two years of experience in a similar role.
- Top-notch organizational and planning abilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office (particularly PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and other office management programs.
- Proactive attitude and problem-solving abilities.
- Organize and update calendars.
- Excellent telephonic and email communication skills.
- Familiarity with office equipment, including printers, photocopiers, shredders, etc.
- Knowledge of office processes such as document handling, drafting communications, and filing.
- Helpful and collaborative work ethic.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Preference for someone working in higher education, with some international experience, is helpful.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Emotional intelligence, patience, and the ability to anticipate professional needs
- Discretion and sound judgment.
- Required to sit at a workstation/computer for extended periods and keyboard for large portions of the day
- This role is performed in a hybrid office environment. The noise level in this setting is usually quiet to moderate (i.e., in a business office with computers, phones, printers, etc.). Working-from-home option is available on Mondays and Fridays, and working in the office is required on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Working some nights and weekends is occasionally anticipated.
Interested applicants can send their resumes with a cover letter to Ashley Pfaltzgraff at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Aspire Institute Administrative Assistant.”
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and complexity of the work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and responsibilities required of personnel assigned to this position.
Aspire Institute is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Aspire Institute’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, and pay.