The Alumni Program Manager will collaborate with the Executive Director, the Program Manager, the Outreach and Communication Manager, and other program team members to implement and improve our comprehensive alumni engagement strategy that supports the continued leadership growth of the alumni, resulting in Aspire Institute’s success in organic growth. They will plan, coordinate, and schedule all logistical details, make necessary arrangements for programs and services.
- Leads the planning and execution of the Extended Leadership Opportunities, consisting of (1) Community Action Awards, a $10,000 competition for innovative community impact projects, (2) Mini Grants, a micro-funding for academic or personal development, and (3) Mentorships.
- Leads the development and operation of all-alumni initiatives, such as (4) virtual alumni community management and monitoring, (5) regional alumni-led outreach known as the Aspire Alumni Ambassadors Program, and (6) seminars and interactive sessions.
- Takes care of daily communication with alumni.
- Works with the Program Manager to ensure students’ seamless transition from the flagship Aspire Leadership Program into appropriate alum programs, including the initiatives (1) – (6) listed above.
- Works with the Outreach and Communication Manager for alumni-led outreach, both virtual and in person, in coordination with partner organizations as needed.
- Develops and manages a database of the students who become alumni of Aspire Institute.
- Assists the Program Manager and Outreach and Communication Manager as needed by providing information and communicating with the program’s alums.
- Evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of programs/services, identify problems, recommend improvements, and institute changes both in the short term and long term..
- Performs related duties as required.
The Alumni Program Manager will supervise the Alumni Program Intern. They will oversee the Aspire Alumni Ambassadors and other alumni in various countries in conjunction with the Outreach and Communication Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Education, International Studies, Business, Economics, or Design Engineering or related fields required.
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in higher education, non-profit, human services, consulting, business, social enterprise, foundation, or related fields required.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- A solid commitment to the mission of Aspire Institute.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills. Proficiency with the Google Suite equivalent or a Customer Relations Management software will be a plus.
- A resourceful style with the ability to work independently, take the initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to network and build alliances.
- Readiness to work in a fast-paced, changing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Respect, empathy, and curiosity for low-income, underserved youth that Aspire provides leadership education with.
Requirements and Working Environment
- Ability to speak, hear, write, and interact.
- Required to sit at a workstation/computer for extended periods and keyboard for large portions of the day
- This role is performed in a hybrid office environment. The noise level in this setting is usually quiet to moderate (i.e., in a business office with computers, phones, printers, etc.). Working-from-home option is available on Mondays and Fridays, and working in the office is required on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Working some nights and weekends is occasionally anticipated.
Interested applicants can send their resumes with a cover letter to Ashley Pfaltzgraff at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Aspire Institute Alumni Program Manager.”
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and complexity of the work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and responsibilities required of personnel assigned to this position.
Aspire Institute is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Aspire Institute’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, and pay.