We are seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to join the Aspire Institute Team as an Alumni Programs Intern for the 2023-2024 year. This internship offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of our alumni network by attending meetings and seminars, taking detailed notes, and assisting with the improvement of our existing alumni programs. The ideal candidate should have strong communication and research skills, a passion for supporting first-generation college students, and the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-growing environment. The internship offers valuable hands-on experience in alumni program management and leadership development within the context of supporting first-generation college students.
Location and Hours:
This is a hybrid position with a flexible schedule of 10 to 20 hours per week for a duration of up to 12 months. The candidate would ideally be able to work in-person one day a week with the Cambridge team from Tuesday through Thursday.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Attend meetings and seminars: Participate in various meetings and seminars related to alumni engagement and development programs. Take comprehensive notes during these sessions and summarize key points for future reference. Aid in organizing and facilitating zoom meetings.
- Alumni program improvement: Assist in enhancing our current alumni programs by conducting research, analyzing feedback from alumni, and identifying areas for improvement. Collaborate with the program and outreach teams to brainstorm and implement innovative strategies to improve alumni engagement and support.
- Database management: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of alumni information in our database. Regularly update contact information, employment details, and any other relevant data to ensure effective communication and alumni tracking.
- Communication and engagement: Support the alumni team in developing and implementing effective communication strategies to keep alumni informed about program updates, events, and opportunities. Help coordinate outreach efforts to engage alumni in mentorship, networking, and career development initiatives.
- Alumni events and activities: Assist in planning and coordinating remote and in-person alumni events, including reunions, networking sessions, and professional development workshops. Collaborate with the events team to ensure successful execution and provide on-site support during events as needed.
- Administrative support: Provide general administrative assistance to the alumni programs team, such as managing email correspondence, scheduling meetings, preparing materials, and maintaining program documentation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree or recent graduate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Proficient in conducting research and gathering relevant information from various sources.
- Commitment to supporting first-generation college students and promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in using productivity tools (e.g Microsoft Office, Google drive, and other specific software) and experience with database management is a plus.
- Previous experience in event planning, program evaluation, or alumni engagement is desirable but not required.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.