The Data Analyst/Associate will work closely with academic researchers, data managers, and stakeholders at Aspire to collect, organize, and help analyze various datasets. This position will report to Aditi Bhutoria, Asst. Professor, Public Policy & Management GroupIndian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) and Meena Sonea, Executive Director, Aspire Institute.
The position may be part-time (up to 20 hours per week) or full-time. May be fully remote. Local staff typically work remotely Monday and Friday and in-person at Aspire’s office in Cambridge, MA, Tuesday – Thursday.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Organize various large datasets and design data structure frameworks to integrate datasets
- Maintain and collate new datasets
- Work with the Aspire team to design data protocols and maintain data quality
- Help in the analysis of data for evaluation of Aspire modules/programs.
- Develop data visualization outputs and insights for dissemination of research results
- Undertake secondary research for upcoming projects
- Work with the Aspire team to improve the data architecture
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Economics (preferably)
- Background in statistics, public policy, computer science, data science and mathematics with a concentration/experience in economics would also be considered.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following – Stata, Python, R
- Ability to work in a team and be self-motivated.
- (Bonus) Prior experience of working with large datasets (either through past work experience or projects)
- (Bonus) Experience in the development sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast pace, start-up environment with multiple tasks and projects.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Excellent active listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
Compensation will be commensurate with work experience.
Full-time employees receive paid vacation and other time off, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day. Health Insurance with an employee contribution, life & long-term disability insurance, and contributory 403b plan. See the Aspire Institute Employee Handbook for details.
Interested applicants can send their resumes with a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Aspire Data Analyst.”