The Outreach & Communications Coordinator will report to the Communications & Outreach Manager and coordinate activities to implement and improve the admissions, outreach, and communications strategy that supports the Aspire Leaders Program. They will assist with outreach management, event coordination, social media, and graphic design.
Outreach and Admissions
- Maintain the database of outreach partners and assist with an overall outreach strategy.
- Help plan and facilitate virtual outreach events.
- Report on outreach and admissions funnel data to both global partners and the Aspire team.
Communications and Marketing
- Assist in the creation of promotional materials.
- Maintain Aspire Institute’s social media presence, including scheduling posts and creating graphics.
- Assist in planning for the monthly newsletter and other written content.
- Collaborate on monitoring Google Analytics and social media analytics in addition to Facebook ad design and results.
- Assist with other outreach and communications tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field required.
- 2-3 years of work experience in communications, higher education, non-profit, or related field required.
- A strong commitment to the mission of Aspire Institute.
- Top-notch organizational and planning abilities.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with social media scheduling platforms, CRM databases, Google Analytics, WordPress, and graphic design strongly preferred.
- Experience with video editing software preferred.
- A resourceful style with the ability to work independently, take the initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to network and build relationships.
- Comfortable in a fast‐paced, changing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Foreign language skills is a plus.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
- Good visual acuity sufficient to see and interpret all job-related materials.
- Required to sit at a workstation/computer for extended periods of time and keyboard for large portions of the day; ability to perform repetitive motion tasks.
- This role is performed in a hybrid office environment. Remote work is performed Monday and Friday and in-person Tuesdays-Thursdays in Cambridge, MA.
- Working some nights and weekends is anticipated.
Interested applicants can send their resumes with a cover letter to Communications & Outreach Coordinator, Jenna Maurer, at email@example.com with the subject line “Aspire Institute Outreach & Communications Coordinator.”
Aspire Institute is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Aspire Institute’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, and pay.