Our small IT department supports our current applications and program management while choosing and developing the systems and integrations that provide the foundation for our aggressive growth aspirations. The successful candidate will be comfortable
- utilizing their knowledge, skills, and experience plus learning new technology and techniques in a small, diverse, fast-paced environment where experimentation and innovation is highly valued
- adapting quickly to changing needs outside of the original scope of their job description
The Software Developer and Integration Engineer reports to Aspire’s Technology Officer.
- Write, test, and deploy production-ready Python code using library such as requests, and pandas to extract participant data from SaaS platforms currently being used by the Aspire Institute
- Transform, and normalize participant provided data to create a data repository, to support current business operations, and data analysis (Currently repository is PostgreSQL based.)
- Set up and maintain a series of robust well documented workflows that automate business decision making using models created with sci-kit learn and other ML tools.
- Submit data to SaaS platforms implementing Aspire Institute business processes in a secure and regulatory compliant manner.
- Participate in the maintenance and management of an AWS based environment to host services used by Aspire Institute.
- Actively participate in researching and setting up of demo in-house Learning Management Systems and Community/Discussion Platforms including scaling to 500k+ users and documenting strengths and weaknesses of various systems to meet Aspire program goals and initiatives.
- Assist with the setup and operations of a new Dataiku DSS environment including build DSS Projects to automate business processes using scenarios and REST APIs
- Manage Data in Full Fabric, Aspire’s CRM System, including export and Import data to other SaaS Platforms including Google, SHL, EDx, Zoom, Slack
- Provide personal computer setup and support to Aspire staff
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent training
- Proficiency in writing production ready code, using industry best practices
- 3-5 years of related IT work experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn new development tools and languages
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast pace, start-up environment with multiple tasks and projects.
- Attention to detail and advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical staff
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
40 hours per week with occasional additional hours required in a fast pace, start-up environment with multiple assignments, projects and research. Staff typically work remotely Monday and Friday and at Aspire’s office is in Cambridge, MA Tuesday – Thursday. However, for the right candidate we will consider remote work with periodic visits to the Cambridge, MA offices.
Interested applicants can send their resumes with a cover letter to Art Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Aspire Institute Software Developer and Integration Engineer.”
Aspire Institute is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Aspire Institute’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, and pay.