Aspire Institute is a rapidly scaling international non-profit delivering program content entirely digitally. As an early employee on the technical team at a startup non-profit, you will need technological agility and you will work with a wide range of technical challenges. Our Technology Manager will report to the Technology Officer and provide management of current technology as well as identify ways to overcome technological challenges as the program scales cost-effectively. The Tech Manager will also coordinate with outside tech architects and the delivery team to build Aspire’s customized technology platform.
Location and Hours:
40 hours per week (8 business hours a day, Monday through Friday Eastern Standard Time) with occasional need for evening/night work and schedule changes to meet the needs of a fast-paced, start-up organization. Local staff typically work remotely on Mondays and Fridays and in-person at Aspire’s office in Cambridge, MA, Tuesday – Thursday. Local Staff is preferred, but will consider fully remote staff.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Setup and Administration of Cloud Computing environment at scale to support 10s of thousands of users (Google Cloud Preferred, AWS is an option potentially along with others.)
- Able to create production ready scripts using a language like Python, Java, Java Script
- The use of existing APIs provided by a variety of vendors to deliver cross-platform solutions
- Google WorkSpace, Administration of Google Services
- Long-term system Administration experience using directory solutions like LDAP, Google Workspace Directory
- Networking and Data Security
- Macintosh and or Linux operating system experience preferred
- Track record of using standards-based approaches to delivering solutions. (SMTP, LDAP, Docker, SQL, REST APIs)
- Reproducible Data Analysis for Decision Support (Experience with Dataiku DSS a Plus)
- Experience working under data privacy and protection standards like:
- PCI DSS
Opportunities to Learn & Grow
- Data Science, ML.
- Use of Generative AI to support Social Projects.
- Working on international technology solutions.
- Delivering projects from idea to implementation. Long cycle strategic thinking and planning.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-6 years of experience preferred.
- Smart, Inquisitive, active learner.
- Able to communicate professionally in English, experience working across international boundaries.
- Excited about the mission of the Aspire Institute.
- A history of growing within your past roles.
- Working in a production environment at scale with 10s of thousands of program participants.
- Experience with technical vendor relationship management.
- Enjoys working iteratively with the process teams, leading in an Agile environment, Scrum Master Certification a plus.
- Experience working with Mobile first users is a plus.
- Experience with non-profits is a plus.
- Link to GitHub Repository, or share a code sample, required.
Compensation & Benefits
Aspire offers a competitive salary range of $80,000 – $85,000 and will commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive paid vacation and other time off, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day. Health Insurance with an employee contribution, life & long-term disability insurance, and contributory 403b plan.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.