Aspire Leaders Program: Something-for-Everyone Experience
Candidates for the program receive a host of academic and professional development resources through a tiered application structure that reaches thousands of students globally.
Professional and Academic Grants, Community Action Awards, and Mentorship opportunities available for students that complete stage five during a full year after the immersive online classroom experience.
Who is it for?
This program is for students who are from backgrounds of social and financial adversity. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 18-26 years old
- Low-income background
- First-generation to attend university (parent(s) and/or primary caregiver(s) did not complete a bachelor’s level degree)
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program or recently graduated (within three years)
- Education impacted by a natural disaster and/or armed conflict (i.e. refugees or displaced persons)
For more details about eligibility, please see the FAQ.
What are the program opportunities?
Through the program, students will:
- Gain access to a HarvardX course and leadership development tools.
- Participate in live seminars with Harvard and world-class faculty.
- Exchange ideas in a virtual classroom with a global community of peers.
- Network and gain mentorship from a global community of peers, educators, and professionals.
Am I eligible if I applied for the 2022 Cycle One or Two Program?
If you applied to the program in 2022 and did not proceed through stage 5 then you are welcome to reapply in 2023! Congratulations on your commitment so far, and we hope to see you gain even more from the program this year.
Applications for the 2023 Aspire Leaders Program (ALP) Cycle Two are currently open!
Early Action Deadline: March 22, 2023
Final Deadline: April 19, 2023
If you applied for 2023 Cycle One, then you should not apply for Cycle Two. Once accepted to the Aspire Leaders Program Cycle Two, emerging leaders will begin the mulit-stage program, if eligible, in late March, 2023.
What are the outcomes?
Aspire Institute’s leadership development offerings will tangibly support the next steps of your journey as a young leader. The Aspire alumni network is a dynamic and diverse group spanning countries around the world. Membership in this group provides access to mentorship, grants, networking, affinity groups, and local ambassador cohorts.